Translate

10 September 2016

Cleaning make-up brushes

You know I'm a newbie when this is my first proper cleaning of my make-up brushes. I have only few of them, but it seriously was a pain to wash them all.

I used:
  • brush cleansing spray by Essence (although picture shows their fixing spray - I realized after I took pictures)
  • hand soap by Nivea
  • silicone cleaning glove - bought on eBay here
  • water
  • paper towels

How I did it:
  • spray each brush with cleansing spray - it disolves make-up and you need less time to wash it
  • leave the spray to soak the brushes for about 2 minutes - brushes that have liquid/cream products leave a bit longer; brushes with powder are almost immediately ready
  • wet/rinse off the brush
  • swirl the wet brush on the soap bar until you see some color going off
  • swirl/swipe brush on the glove until its clear
  • rinse well and place on a paper towel

Do you have some other tip on cleaning brushes?

2 comments:

  1. This post reminds me that I really need to clean my makeup brushes. I used to be so good at it but lately I've become so lazy haha x

    https://sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also so bad at this. It takes ages to clean my small amount of brushes... -.-"

      thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete